Yields: 1 loaf
Sylvia Melendez-Klinger, MS, RD
Grain Foods Foundation
From the comforting aroma of baking bread to the mellow flavor of ripe bananas and vanilla bean, you’ll love this bread right out of the oven … and for days afterward!
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- cup ¾vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cup eggs or ½egg substitute
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Try this tasty recipe for Banana Bread, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
- Preheat oven to 325° F. and spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, bananas, oil, eggs and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients until well incorporated. Pour mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake for about 60 to 70 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Let cool before slicing.