Yields: 4 servings
Sylvia Melendez-Klinger, MS, RD
Grain Foods Foundation
This recipe puts fresh veggies in their element, sautéeing them in a spicy hoisin peanut sauce. Use your imagination or whatever vegetables you have in the fridge!
- 1 cup brown rice uncooked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion cut into thin strips
- cup ¼red bell peppers diced
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets cut into small pieces
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Dash dried red pepper flakes
Try this tasty recipe for Asian Vegetables Rice Bowl, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
- Prepare brown rice according to package directions.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet, heat oil and cook onions, bell peppers, broccoli and snap peas for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in BBQ sauce, hoisin sauce and peanut butter; mix until well blended and hot.
- Fold in prepared rice and serve.